Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bee-utiful Spring is Here

Here in London summer has come early and we enjoyed the most AMAZING weather for the Easter weekend. I would say that the lovely weather was the inspiration for this card but I'd be lying.  It was really just that I recently bought a Cuttlebug (don't even begin to add up the paper related stuff I've bought since that fateful day I first saw the Imagine) -  anyway - I had just bought the Cuttlebug and fell in love with the bees folder and that was my inspiration.

The Cuttlebug is great fun and has of course led to a whole other stream of 'things I must buy' like vellum paper and Distress Inks for 'aging' the embossings.


The bees were embossed on to plain card stock which I then distressed with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.

The bee-utiful letters were cut using Simply Sweet, and 'spring' was from Gypsy Wanderings (why yes, I did buy a Gypsy.  I wouldn't recommend it for the Imagine though - it doesn't add much in the way of features. It's nice to plot out what you want to print/cut away from the machine - but not worth the UK price.  As far as I can tell it is MUCH more useful with the other Cricut models) .  All were coloured with patterns/colours on Better Together.

I didn't take a picture of the inside - it was plain apart from a small bee in the bottom right hand corner which I print and cut out from the Imagine More cartridge.

With hindsight I'd consider matting and layering some card behind the bees - but it was a cute enough card and is buzzing to its recipient now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by!