Monday 1 August 2011

Butterfly in Colours

I am still playing with my Stampmaker but yesterday took the radical move of actually MAKING something using my stamps.  Not just one thing - but two! (and a half really - but I'll show that one later.)



For whatever reason - messages of the power of new starts are really speaking to me at the moment and  my latest stamp 'just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly' captures that beautifully I think.


I made two cards with the stamp.  The first, a distressed sort of card - using lots of Core-dinations card and a butterfly Spellbinder.

What I used:
Coredinations paper
my caterpillar stamp!
crop-a-dile eyelets
Tim Holtz embossing folder
 Spellbinder butterfly die

I really like the shock of pink on the inside of the card - just another reason why I love Coredinations.







The second card I dubbed 'Butterfly in Blue' when I realised I wasn't going to use any other colours!

What I used:
Coredinations paper
white card stock
 Distress Inks  - Broken China, Faded Blue Jeans
my caterpillar stamp!
a flower stamp (can't remember where it's from - but it's one of my favourites!)
Versa Mark ink (for embossing)
clear embossing powder
Spellbinder butterfly die





I embossed the saying on the plain card and then coloured the page by blending the two Distress Inks, making the colour heavier at the bottom left and thinning out on the rest of the page.  I wiped the ink off the embossed saying leaving the lovely white lettering.

More Soo Stamps to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by!