Saturday 8 September 2012

Flowers two ways

Hels Sheridan runs weekly challenges on her blog and this week I decided to get involved.  The theme is Stamped Flowers and it immediately made me think of the very first stamp set I bought - a beautiful set of floral stamps from Anna Griffin.

I don't generally think of myself as a flowery person - but I think I might be wrong!  I LOVE Anna's designs (which are mostly florals) and since buying the stamps I've become a bit of an Anna Griffin addict buying pretty much any of her stamps or paper packs.

I've used a few of the stamps over the past year but decided that for this challenge I would use all of them.  On one card.

Then when I started stamping I changed my mind every 2 minutes about whether to colour the flowers, or leave them as black outlines.  Decisive to the end - I did both!



The black and white flowers were stamped, cut out and then layered onto a plain 6x6 card that I stamped 'In a Garden of Friends, Happiness Grows.'  I matted that onto black card, and then framed it with the silver mica flakes (I LOVE mica flakes), matted it onto more black card and then attached it to the front of an 8x8 card.





The coloured flowers were stamped, coloured with Pro-markers (my colouring skills are non-existent, luckily these stamps are so detailed they don't need much., and then cut out and layered onto a plain 6x6 card outlined with purple and stamped with the same sentiment.

Because it seemed to need more flowers(!) I did some more stamping, colouring and cutting to make the frame.

I really like both, and change my mind about every 2 minutes about which one is my favourite!


5 comments:

  1. I to am torn Soo. Love both. Great stamps - so classy. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ask me to choose? I can't, it would be like having to chose between the apple or the crumble :O) They are both amazing... LOVE THEM! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I love the hyacinths; they have taken colour really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Soo, I randomly found your site when I googled the cuttlebug all in one folders because a crafting friend hadn't heard of them so wanted to find somewhere I could show her what they were (by providing an email link)... however, I found your review of them, which was great! I bought them when they were first launched by Jinger from Provo Craft - think it was a POTD. I've never opened and used one yet - they remain on a shelf in my craft room!!! Anyway, I'm here to comment about your two cards made using the Anna Griffin floral stamps... beautiful. I too can't choose between them - you've done such a great job on both so it is difficult!

    Like you, I'm a massive AG fan and have most of her stamps - the only ones I don't have are the 'Hardware' set. I have all of her sentiment and greeting stamps, Christmas stamps, the self-inking thing with the stamps and the latest set to go with it which are also Christmas ones. I have the floral ones, the backgrounds and then the flourishes. I also bought the gorgeous tote bag that was on QVC once. It contained another padded bag with cards, papers and loads of embellishments in (which I never realised when I bought it)... My AG stamps are stored separately from the rest and are the only ones that are always left out to be on hand. I've never bought the paper kits because I mostly print out my own paper, so can't justify buying paper when I've invested in CD's etc - but that doesn't mean I don't think they are gorgeous. I just wish she would do a CD with all her designs on- that would be the best news!

    Again, gorgeous cards - good luck in the challenge!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by!